Monday, August 15, 2011

Goals for the remaining days of 2011



At the begining of the year I told myself that 2011 was going to be the year for me! To be honest, what I meant by that was that I would find this perfect man, to sweep me off my feet, fall in love and get married. But suddenly, I realize its mid-August and I am standing here, scratching my head and saying to myself, this guy must be lost...

So, I decided that I should not put all my focus and energy thinking about this unrealistic fantasy that may never happen. But what I CAN do is spend my days working on myself and taking steps that make ME a better person. Something that is real and attainable. So I decided to set ten short term goals for myself to attain by the end of the year. New years eve, we can reevaluate the progress I have made. Doing these things will bring 2011 must closer to the year of Lorena!


1. Do a headstand or handstand in yoga, I always am too scared to try...need to let-go of that fear and just do it.


2. Complete a half marathon (October 2011)...have done this before..can/will do it again!


3. Book events at work ...wherever that may be, not writing it on here :)


4. Take a class of some sort; painting, photography, new language, piano, at least one of the above! Challenge is to find the time, but the rewards are so worth it.


5. Read 7 new books between now and December...time to hit up Barnes and Noble!




6. Take a weekend get-away alone...to totally veg out and disconnect! I have never done this, but think I may want to try it?


7. Find an apartment/home to live in...in Los Angeles, which has proven to be quite the challenge...My taste and budget are not very good friends.




8. Make 1 new, good girlfriend in LA..its harder than you think...


9. Spend more quality time with my sisters, this should be easy!


10. Use my weekends wisely....more relaxing, hiking, biking, museums, reading...less bars, clubs, etc...


And I will begin by signing up for my 1/2 marathon! What are your goals for the rest of the year?

Lorena Alexandria

No comments: